Doings of Learned Stupidities

(Eruditarum Stultitiarum Acta) We've been doing this for more than five years, but we lost the first year or so of archives. Frightening...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Laodicea, Ionia

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Costume Designs
I presented my costume designs for Othello today. Opinions were mixed. On one hand, one person in my class silently mouthed to herself, "Wow!" On the other hand, when the whole class came together, I saw that nothing had particularly grabbed them. They hadn't seen Iago as the entirely too perfect soldier. They hadn't seen that Othello was a disenfranchised servant of the state who had the soul of the senator. They hadn't seen that Desdemona longed for her own military adventures. Because my designs bridged two periods with some parallels but somewhat different fashions, there was something jarring about my designs, but they were forced to admit that they worked as outfits.

NCWFC-Los Angeles Review
When all is said and done, I think I will beat the forecast models and the National Weather Service during this period, and I have to say I've learned a great deal about how Los Angeles weather works this time of the year (and probably other times of the year.) There is a tension between the clouds and fog of the marine layer and bursts of warm, dry mountain air that continue to be heated by compression as they move as northerly surface winds towards the south-facing coastline. Unfortunately, the masses of air involved likely are of a size that is less or around the resolution of the models, making these tensions very difficult to predict in the big picture.

Next week: Billings, MT (it's windy this time of year, hee.)

ESA(20031023.1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home